A drama critic summed up a key advantage to these participation plays saying, "Kids can't talk back to a television screen. In glorious contrast is [this] 'Cinderella' in which members of the audience help the show along!" As the action begins in this participation version of the old favorite, small groups of children come on to the stage to help Cinderella clean the stepmother's house before the terrible family returns. The children then help an absentminded Fairy Godmother get Cinderella dressed and ready for the ball; create the wild ride to the castle; and provide a distraught King Ferdinand and a sorrowful prince with a queen and ladies and gentlemen to dance with at the ball.
Read an Excerpt
- Cinderella (Glennon)
- The Cinderella Complex
- Cinderella of Loreland
- The Truth About Cinderella
- Cinderella Confidential
- Cinderella Eats Rice and Beans: A Salsa Fairy Tale
- Cinderella: The World's Favorite Fairy Tale
- Cinderella (Chorpenning)
- Cinderella (Musical, Goldberg)
- The Oldest Story Ever Told
- Cinderella (Netzel)
- Cinderella (Goldberg)
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code C27000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $35/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Farce
- ISBN(13) 9780871296757
- "Funny -- the audience loved the interaction. It was a joy to watch the children's enthusiasm as they were selected to go onstage."
- Review by Lisa Lyons, St. Luke's Intermediate School, Culpeper, VA
- "This interactive children's play was a hit. The children felt honored to come on stage with the actors and the actors received great lessons on improv -- you never know what children will do! We received so many nice compliments from parents and grandparents."
- Review by Deneen Schultz, Campbell County High School, Gillette, WY
- "Cinderella, Cinderella is a thoroughly charming play that incorporates tons of audience participation into the familiar story of the girl who is visited by her fairy godmother. Our high school actors had a terrific experience with this production."
- Review by Jody Reppert, Wilson High School, West Lawn, PA
- "The whole audience wants to be a part of the fun!"
- Review by Carey Cahoon, Palace Professional Theatre for Children, Manchester, N.H.
- "Just a fabulous piece for a preschool audience Ñ they loved to talk to the actors and go on stage."
- Review by Colleen Mannion, Goffstown Area High School, Goffstown, N.H.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Always have "magic helpers" in the audience to facilitate moving the children on and off stage."
- Tip by Harriet Whitlock, West Florence High School, Florence, S.C.
|City Lights Theater Company||San Jose||California||10/19/2018||10/27/2018|