Three short comedies about romance in the upper and middle years. Lover Boy: Maggie Cannon, a single woman in her upper middle years known as Loose Cannon Maggie to her subordinates, is having another lonely birthday. Her colleagues have long since gone home, but Maggie, a workaholic who has recently quit smoking, is still toiling at her desk. Enter Johnny Bordeaux, a man of comparable vintage. Johnny is a male stripper, and not a particularly good one. But his spirits are high and he is determined to show Maggie a good time! Floral Fantasy: Myron Russo and Cynthia Bellassi need each other. At least that's what Cynthia thinks. A middle-aged woman reeling from the recent departure of her husband who has sent her a "glad you're not here" card from Mexico, Cynthia has asked Myron, a widowed upholsterer, to show her what he's got in stock. Myron quickly realizes he is being asked to display more than his fabric samples. Are We There Yet?: Charlotte and Charles are celebrating their 43rd wedding anniversary by embarking on a 500-mile road trip to a charming little B&B Charlotte found on the Internet. Through a series of episodes, set off by mileage markers, they revive memories of their son, argue about Charlotte's desire to move to the country, speculate on the nature of time, conjure up delightful sexual fantasies and share intimate details about their health. At journey's end, ironically, they discover the B&B has lost their reservation. Undaunted, they drive on, letting their love and sense of humor be their guide.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code LB1000
- Cast Size 2
- Pages 56
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group Community Theatre | Senior Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583420850
- "Are We There Yet is a delightful look at marriage and the loyalty and love it brings. Funny and poignant at the same time, it reminds us of the deep and abiding love of two people after 40 years together."
- Review by Sharon Burnum, Duncan Little Theatre, Duncan, Okla.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).