NotesOn page 81 beneath the song title "Give Us Wings" should read: (++++without music—chant the "Give Us Wings" lyrics and sing "America the Beautiful" [page bottom] a cappella under).
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code K03000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583422625
- "This was a great fun show. The kids and the audience loved it. This is a great show for high school, good for small or large programs."
- Review by Karen Baker, Holy Trinity Academy, Melbourne, Fla.
- "Great showÑthe kids had a blast. We had an adult play the host and the students enjoyed this aspect. The audience seemed to enjoy as well!"
- Review by Jan Rice, Creekland Middle School, Canton, Ga.
- "Kids Say was a wonderful experience! I mixed children with adults, and the results were wonderful. Audience members loved it!"
- Review by Mary Sparks, Gilmer Arts & Heritage Association, Ellijay, Ga.
- "We used Kids Say the Darndest Things as part of a summer youth theatre camp. The script provided kids with acting, singing, and dance opportunities. The students greatly enjoyed doing the show and their parents were very pleased with the experience the show provided their children."
- Review by Mike Solomonson, Northland Pioneer College, Snowflake, Ariz.
- "The production was excellentÑfull houses every night. Christmastime was perfect for this type of playÑa real family show with audience members 5 years old to 100 years old. We had a lot of fun. Sets and costumes were easy and cheap to produce. So few stage directions allowed the direactor and kids to have a ball! Audiences loved it!"
- Review by Stephen Taylor, Ingersoll Theatre, Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We costumed everyone in 50's-style clothes except the chorus. By using kids 10 to 16 years old we were able to expand on kidlike behaviour and costumes without worrying about line retention (from younger children). Adults played adult roles."
- Tip by Stephen Taylor, Ingersoll Theatre, Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada
|Kids Say the Darndest Things||mp3||Download|
|Mind Your Manners||mp3||Download|
|The Mystery of History||mp3||Download|
|Tingles in My Heart||mp3||Download|
|Give Us Wings||mp3||Download|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).