What would you do if you were a million miles from Earth and your rocket ship was hit by a meteor and suddenly split open, leaving you floating in space with only your communicator to link you to your six crew members? Don't know? Faced with this problem, Bradbury's people contemplate their fate and philosophize about life and its purpose. This play is not only a director's dream of possibilities but also a marvelous chance for actors to dig into their beings and face questions of profound magnitude.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code K20000
- Cast Size 7
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 50 min
- ISBN(13) 9780871295712
- "Kaleidoscope allows the actors and audience members to evaluate their own mortality. Suspense, silence, and emotion all lead to a riveting conclusion for the members of Space Flight Apollo 99. My cast was challenged by the subject matter as well as staging. They had to be able to articulate a character without use of their bodies (as they were floating in space)."
- Review by Kristen Williams, Tunstall High School, Dry Fork, Va.
- "Excellent script! The teens find the material challenging and very emotional. I have never heard such silent listening from the audience. Bradbury's themes stand out as strongly today as when this was written."
- Review by Darlene Lentz, Sand/Storybook Theater Center, Deland, FL
|Union Grove H S||Gladewater||Texas||3/3/2018||3/3/2018|