NotesPLEASE NOTE: This title is in unbound manuscript format. Upon licensing, a permission to photocopy form will be issued.
Limited Streaming Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Some of the advantages to producing radio plays:
One Simple Set—A radio station—made up mostly of drapes, a control booth (if desired), mikes, and sound effects equipment.
Less Wardrobe—no changes of wardrobe are necessary.
Less Staging—actors simply stand at mikes most of the time.
Less Rehearsal—actors don't memorize lines—they just read them.
Fewer Cast Members—one actor plays many parts.
No Props—only scripts.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code J34000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $85/perf
- Cost $39.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- ISBN(13) 9780871299680
- "Our students loved this show! The Foley was a ton of fun and a great learning experience. Half of the characters are only in the first fifteen pages of the show and then it is only the Professor, Axel and Hans with lines. The other characters we used as our Foley Artists."
- Review by Rhonda Lehan, Comstock Park HS, Comstock Park, Mich.
- "One actor quipped, "The fun is in the foley." During a talk back after the show, the audience was asked if anyone had closed their eyes during the performance. Several said yes, they had. They were able to envision the scenes prompted by the music, foley effects, and the dialogue."
- Review by Paul DiLella, Pahrump Valley High School, Pahrump, Nev.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Three of the actors (playing Martha, Grauben and Driver/Boy) can assist with foley when done with their parts. We loaded a large drum with bb's to produce ocean sounds when rocked and an explosion when spun and abruptly stopped."
- Tip by Paul DiLella, Pahrump Valley High School, Pahrump, Nev.