Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code J38000
- Cast Size 16
- Min. Royalty Rate $45/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 40 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583422263
- "My advanced middle school actors connected with this play the first time we read it as a potential contest piece. They loved the story in general, but especially the "Red Room" ghost scene, Young Jane and Helen's friendship, and learning the hymn. "
- Review by Jill Deramus, North Richland Middle School, North Richland Hills, Texas
- "An excellent, rich introduction to Jane Eyre."
- Review by Jenny Wheeler, CC Players, Alabaster, Ala.
- "Young actors can learn much from the strength, conviction, and morals of Jane, as we watch her mature through this classic tale. Simple, beautifully written, and very well received for middle school. I hope to advertise for this playÑit is new and needs to sell -- great for competition!"
- Review by K. Tempel, The Benjamin School, North Palm Beach, Fla.
- "A faithful adaptation of the early years of Jane Eyre. Moving and inspiring!"
- Review by Nate Campbell, Badger Ridge Middle School, Verona, Wis.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "The more intense and haunted you can make the ghost scene, the better. We had Mr. Reed in a picture frame over the bed at the start, then he "magically" disappeared and reappeared next to Jane. The audience loved it! There's also a note in the back from the playwright stating Jane shouldn't be portrayed as a "wallflower," and I think that is a VERY important thing to remember when staging and working with the actors. Music is also very important to the show, so spend some time researching and putting together the sound. "
- Tip by Jill Deramus, North Richland Middle School, North Richland Hills, Texas