Ever try to throw a party an hour after the host has been murdered? It's not as easy as it sounds. As editor of the Wings Publishing Company, Maddie discovers her boss has met with an untimely death just before a contract-signing party that will save the business. Tyrolia, Kitty and Doris, the inhouse staff, react with their usual grace. Tyrolia starts looking for another job, Kitty keeps trying to hide the body and Doris has an urge for doughnuts. All they have to do is keep the murder under wraps until notorious author Lionel Upshaw signs a contract, bringing about a new loan from J.B. Odell which will save the company. Of course, there's the fact that someone at the party is also the murderer. Throw in the problems of Nelva Odell finding the body, a television crew showing up to tape the festivities and, last but not least, the arrival of the late boss' new fiancee. Add a hack writer who unwittingly helps to get rid of the evidence, an actress turned caterer whose crab puffs keep crawling off, and a janitor who carries a gun and It's Murder in the Wings!
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code I46000
- Cast Size 13
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871291196
- "... The dialogue was witty. The characters were well defined and the whole play was quick moving and very funny. Very well written. We enjoyed it greatly."
- Review by Jennifer Bartlett, Central Delaware County LEAH, Walton, NY
- "One easy set, one set of costumes made this play very easy to stage. The students enjoyed the fun of the characters and the audience was very complimentary."
- Review by Ellen Larabee, Otsego High School, Tontogany, Ohio
- "This is a great show! The characters are funny and the plot is well crafted."
- Review by Katherine Alexander, Berkmar High School, Lilburn, Ga.
- "It was an hilarious murder/comedy that kept the audience on their toes and also in stitches. The script was crisp and entertaining. Fast moving. Low cost on set and costumes."
- Review by Anne Stumhofer, Family Theatre, Columbus, Ga.
- "I thought it was genuinely funny and worked very well for our dinner theatre. It offers a nice assortment of medium-sized roles for school or little theatre groups; majority are female. One interior set is always a plus."
- Review by Robert Rippenkroeger, Holy Trinity High School, Fort Madison, Iowa
- "This is a witty and clever script with great character roles. Our students loved the fast-moving pace and "keep 'em guessing" plot."
- Review by Dawn Flood, Master's Academy of Fine Arts, Quakerstown, Pa.
- "We had a great time rehearsing this showÑhigh energyÑfunnyÑfun characters. With nine females and four males, it was perfect for us. Definitely a show I would recommend to other directors."
- Review by Patricia Gorman, Orange Park High School, Orange Park, Fla.
- "This play has an especially good twist. The kids had fun because the characters were fun!"
- Review by Susan Kahn, Norwell High School, Ossian, Ind.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Be sure to have something you can put a body on and a way to get it on stage."
- Tip by Alicia De Sena, Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Old Bridge, N.J.
|Lane Technical High School||Chicago||Illinois||3/22/2023||3/25/2023|