A lion roams across the country. An anchorwoman bursts through a TV screen for a bite of apple pie. The FBI lurks in the microwave. A lamb wanders the Illinois countryside searching for her mom. A father is dizzy from trying to keep up with his little girl who's quickly growing up. And under an apple tree in her backyard in the small town of Hush, Kansas, a twelve-year-old "woman" named Maggie Parks is at the whirling center of it all. Why does Jana Roberts think there's a story here? A BIG story. And why does Maggie Parks become the talk of the nation? This play is about the wild ride of growing up, about struggles of fathers and daughters, and about inner vision and personal voice. Hush, which received the Outstanding International Plays for Young Audiences award from ASSITEJ, was co-commissioned by Childsplay and Metro Theater Company.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code H45000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871297815
- "Hush: An Interview With America provided our students with a great opportunity to tackle some unusual characters and storytelling techniques. The production turned out to be a beautiful experience for actors and audience alike."
- Review by Leslie Price, Children's Theatre of Western Springs, Western Springs, Ill.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We contacted a teacher of blind students who was so helpful in developing Maggie's character and physicality."
- Tip by Leslie Price, Children's Theatre of Western Springs, Western Springs, Ill.
|Hensel Phelps Theatre||Greeley||Colorado||4/12/2019||4/13/2019|