Marian Thorncraft is looking forward to her honeymoon with new hubby, Tyler. She pictures someplace romantic, secluded and cozy. No sooner have her feet touched the ground after being carried over the threshold than she discovers her love nest is really a one-time mortuary! Graveside Manor, as the locals call it, has been abandoned for years, mainly due to the rumors of it being haunted. Cozy as a bat cave, it's about as secluded as Grand Central Station. A daffy maid shows up to clean the place and gets lost in the catacombs behind the walls. This goes unnoticed because Tyler is too busy ducking a female ghost with a hatchet, three high-school kids trying to set up a Halloween prank and his wise-cracking female editor who once had a crush on him. Throw in an absent-minded cop and the escaped lunatic he's looking for and the stage is set for a Honeymoon at Graveside Manor.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code H64000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Senior Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871292360
- "This script was perfect for my group of high school thespians; cast size, set, costumes etc. Everything was PERFECT! It was well received by our staff, students and community. I love it when all the "boxes" are checked! I highly recommend this script to smaller high school theatre groups. It's funny, clever, and just the right mix of farce and drama. It challenged my group of players as well as the tech crew!"
- Review by Carrie Smith, Dimond High School, Anchorage, Alaska
- "This play was excellent. All three performances delighted the audience. The set was a character of its own with all of the timely entrances and exits. Fun and entertaining."
- Review by Patricia Hagedorn, Illini Bluffs School District, Glassford, IL
- "A real crowd pleaser. Perfect Halloween fare. Zany parts with everyone getting a chance to shine. We love Pat Cook's plays. Always funny!"
- Review by John Carroll, Shandon High School, Shandon, CA
- "Honeymoon drew the loudest sustained laughter and applause we've experienced in 30 years thanks to Pat Cook's expert craftsmanship and the timing and delivery of our all-female cast who had a ball!"
- Review by Lloyd Wood, Sacred Heart Thespian Troupe, Honolulu, Hawaii
- "Audiences loved this show! Pat Cook has a knack for appealing to a broad audience range with clever and witty dialogue and good, tight stories."
- Review by Vance Jennings, Naches Valley High School, Naches, Wash.
- "Audience loved it! Lots of laughs! Still offers some challenging character roles!"
- Review by Jeff Courtier, Woodland Park High School, Woodland Park, Colo.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Make sure timing of exits and entrances are near perfect. Enjoy the fun Scooby Doo type logic that this play has."
- Tip by Devin Burke, Clare HS, Clare, Mich.
- "Make sure your doors are well attached! And make sure to coach your actors to "hold for laughter" because they'll definitely need to."
- Tip by Vance Jennings, Naches Valley High School, Naches, Wash.