The last thing 17-year-old Amy wants to do on a Thursday afternoon is babysit Adam, a bratty 8-year-old boy (may also be a girl) who has forsaken his homework to torment his babysitter. When Amy gets a phone call from her friend, Rachel, Adam decides to eavesdrop on their conversation. As Amy's complaints to Rachel about school, friendships and boys steadily escalate in more and more dramatic, over-the-top language, so does Adam's anxiety, as he completely misinterprets Amy's rants, taking her exaggerations literally. When the phone call comes to an end, Amy exits the room and leaves her cell phone behind. Assuming the very worst, Adam decides to call her friends because "Amy's friends are grown-ups; they'll know what to do." In the course of the afternoon, Adam sparks a comedic avalanche of misinformation as he warns the jocks, the thespians and the academics that Amy is in real trouble. The jocks, led by Waylon (the captain of the baseball team) and Katie (the captain of the field hockey team), are in the midst of some drama of their own, as are the theater kids and the academics. Nonetheless, each group immediately drops everything and responds to Adam's call for what we know to be a needless intervention. That evening, Adam lures Amy out of the house to see the new Johnny Depp movie, and Amy's friends begin to filter in. Before long, rumors inflate and accusations fly as each social group accuses the other of driving Amy to the edge. Ultimately, they learn to work together for Amy's sake, and when Amy comes home they surprise her with an abundance of love and support. They inform a totally confused Amy of Adam's hysterical phone calls, and she immediately reassures her friends that she's perfectly fine. Turning to Adam, she apologizes for her poor choice of words. All ends well in this hilarious musical comedy—until there is an unexpected knock at the door … Winner of the 2007 Moss Hart Memorial Award.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code HF7000
- Cast Size 18
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | Community Theatre | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583425800
|Macho to Metro||mp3||Download|
|When He Comes Along||mp3||Download|
|Three Cheers for Sheldon||mp3||Download|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).