In this lightning-quick farce, four women travel to Dot’s Northwoods cabin to consume copious amounts of wine, laugh at their lives, trade stories and chat about their book club’s latest selection. However, after the third case of wine comes through the door, it becomes clear there will be more stewing than reviewing. Carol, who is monitoring her temperature for the best “window of opportunity” to get pregnant, gets a ride to the cabin from her husband, Rick, who is hoping the “time is right” for a quick tryst. She sends him home, frustrated, in a snowstorm, only to discover that her temperature shows she IS ready, and calls him to drive back and hide out in a shed until she can sneak him in with a special porchlight signal. Meg, recently widowed, is having a secret affair with Dot’s son, only to find he has shown up at the cabin unexpectedly and wants to further their relationship in stealth. Meg sends him to hide in a boathouse until he sees her special porchlight signal and the coast is clear to rejoin her in the cabin. Ellie, the youngest and Meg’s daughter, would rather not be a part of the weekend with her “elders” and meets a young townie, inviting him to hide out in a barn. When he sees her special porchlight signal, he climbs into her bedroom window and sneaks her out to a local bar after the other ladies retire. The only obstacle to each of the ladies’ secret endeavors is Dot, who wants to stay up all night and party with the girls. So they make sure they ply her with plenty of party favors, and Dot proceeds to pass out. The ladies move Dot’s lifeless body from floor to closet to room, as the bottles tip up, the secrets spill out and the men sneak in. The madcap, door-slamming chaos comes to a head when Dot wakes up and discovers her girls’ weekend is full of men!
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code GD6000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience College and Adult
- Performing Group College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Farce
- ISBN(13) 9781619591356
“Marvelous … successfully punchy … be prepared to laugh.” —The Des Moines Register
“Farces don't come any funnier than this.” —The Altoona Herald
“An absolutely refreshing, a bit irreverent, comedic romp!” —John Busbee, KFMG Radio
“Be prepared to give your laugh muscles a marathon-like workout when you experience this show.” —John Busbee, KFMG Radio
“A rip-roaring great comedy.” —John Busbee, KFMG Radio
|Chapel Street Players||Newark||Delaware||2/22/2019||3/2/2019|
|Limelight Theatre||St. Augustine||Florida||2/21/2019||3/17/2019|
|The Art Centre Theatre||Plano||Texas||5/17/2019||5/26/2019|
|Theatre on the Ridge||Paradise||California||1/24/2019||2/10/2019|
|Playhouse in the Park||Murray||Kentucky||3/22/2019||3/31/2019|
|Wetumpka Depot Players||Wetumpka||Alabama||2/7/2019||2/23/2019|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).