Mary Shelley wrote the original when she was 19, after she and her lover, the 22-year-old poet Percy Bysshe Shelley, and their friend Lord Byron agreed that each would write a ghost story. Mary's living creature is created by a young Swiss scientist, Victor Frankenstein, and this monster has found a lasting place in the popular imagination. Surprisingly, however, no writer before has been faithful to the spirit of Mary Shelley's novel, a work called "the first existential thriller." This play is exciting and theatrical and you may make your production as simple or as spectacular as you wish.
NotesDue to a processing error, ACT III, SCENE 2 of this show should be read and performed as ACT I, SCENE 1.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code F30000
- Cast Size 13
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871293732
- "Frankenstein is a very intense production. You can truly make it as complex or simple as you like. This particular script was very accurate in staying true to the original novel."
- Review by Scott Phillips, Yucca Valley High School, Yucca Valley, Calif.