Thirteen-year-old Carly, dragging her 10-year-old sister behind, ventures into the forbidden forest of the Other Folks. There she finds far more than she was looking for—riddles, games, dangers, challenges. You can enjoy Folkwood for its fun and chases and captures, but it also yields rich rewards for those willing to explore its images and ambiguities. The world of the Other Folks is filled with traditional mythological symbols—night, water, time, owls, earth, forest and moon. They give the play a resonance that will echo long after the curtain has gone down.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code FA7000
- Cast Size 14
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 50 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619590359
- "It was great! We especially liked that there was meaning and symbolism to the play. It helped us go deeper than the words in the script."
- Review by Lindsey Sellers, Springville High School, Springville, Utah
- "Lake Park High School just finished its production of Folkwood. I just wanted to tell you what a delightful experience it was for all of us. The script wat that perfect blend of comedy and drama for which I have been searching for years! The characters were richly developed; my high-school actors enjoyed exporing these mutifaceted characters. Best of all, the audience, both children and adults alike, were enthralled with the storytelling."
- Review by Susan Rothchild, Lake Park High School, Roselle, Ill.
- "If you ever find yourself in the Folkwood, don't steal the May apples. And don't play games with the Other Folks. They'll happily break your bones. Folkwood is a modern-day fairy tale, written by a twentieth-century shaman. This play is a must-read for anyone who cares about the field of children's theater. If you do pick the script up, BE VERY CAREFUL—you won't be able to put it down, and then you might be forced to produce it! Stebens Children's Theatre audiences were bewitched by Folkwood."
- Review by Tom Ballmer, Director, Stebens Children's Theatre, Mason City, Iowa
|Nichols School||Buffalo||New York||3/18/2020||3/18/2020|