"Boggis and Bunce and Bean/One fat, one short, one lean/These horrible crooks/So different in looks/Were nonetheless equally mean." And so begins another enchanting Roald Dahl tale concerning the extraordinary adventures of three nasty farmers, two curious creatures, a family of foxes, and our hero—a most fantastic fellow! Your audience will be fascinated as they watch Boggis, the (enormously fat!) chicken farmer; Bunce, the (pot-bellied dwarf) duck-and-goose farmer; and Bean the (thin) turkey-and-apple farmer, attempt to foil the efforts of Mr. Fox and his friends—the Badgers, the Moles, the Rabbits and the Weasels. And then, of course, they'll be held in suspense as the animals unwittingly trap themselves in Bean's Secret Cider Cellar—much to the displeasure of Rat (a rude creature) and all appear doomed. In the end, they'll cheer as Mr. Fox provides a glorious feast for each and every one—and gives rise to Mrs. Fox's proclamation that "My husband is one fantastic fox!" Certainly this show is lively and suspenseful and we're sure you will also find it a whole lot of fun!
No livestream rights are available for this title.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code F40000
- Cast Size 27
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 55 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871296702
- "A cute and enjoyable show -- great for family audiences! Roles in a variety of sizes allowed students with different amounts of acting experience to find success on stage. Animal characters allowed crew members to be creative with costuming and make up."
- Review by Anna Chapmin, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School, Chicago, Ill.
|Lancaster Mennonite School||Lancaster||Pennsylvania||3/30/2023||3/31/2023|