None of the swearing—all of the blood! This full-length adaptation of the hilarious off-Broadway musical is tailor-made for high-school and middle-school performers. Evil Dead The Musical (High School Version) takes all the elements of the cult classic films The Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness and combines them into one of the craziest theatrical experiences of all time. Five college students go to an abandoned cabin in the woods and accidentally unleash an evil force that turns them all into demons. It’s up to Ash (a housewares employee turned demon-killing hero) and his trusty chainsaw to save the day. Blood flies. Limbs are dismembered. Demons tell bad jokes ... and all to music. Songs like “All the Men in My Life Keep Getting Killed by Candarian Demons” and “What the Heck Was That?” will have audiences rolling in their seats and screaming for more and more blood. This show has fun with the horror genre and, in doing so, appeals to a wide audience. And with this combination of blood, jokes, cheesy effects and awesome musical numbers, Evil Dead The Musical (High School Version) is unlike any show you’ve ever seen.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code E93000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619591608
- "Evil Dead the musical high school edition was a great show for our school. The audience and administration loved it. Creating the fx of the living cabin was a good challenge for my technical theater students and the play itself was as entertaining to the cast and crew as it was to our audience. It went so well we are being considered as a potential feature performing school for the Florida State Thespian Festival. If we make it through the final elimination we will be requesting royalties for two more shows in March. Our judges loved the show and the script. Thank you for letting us produce this. "
- Review by Ted Lewis, Buchholz Theater Department, Gainesville, Fla.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "You need a good technical crew to rig lights, sound and special fx and a creative set designer. "
- Tip by Ted Lewis, Buchholz Theater Department, Gainesville, Fla.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).