"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." Jane Austen never wrote those words, but she proves them conclusively in Emma, her comic masterpiece. In this lively and faithful adaptation she steps on stage herself to shepherd her delightful characters through the pitfalls and surprises that await them. Emma Woodhouse who is "handsome, clever, and rich" attempts to marry off her trusting young friend Harriet to all the wrong people, and she nearly misses out on true love herself. Set in remote Surrey, an English county "full of beauties," and peopled with unforgettable comic characters, Emma stands out as one of the great beauties of the English language.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code E36000
- Cast Size 14
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 105 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871298126
- "Emma -- smart, witty, well written, fun to do. It is a great vehicle to teach structure of language. We had fun."
- Review by G. Rhodenizer, Kelly Road Secondary, Prince George, BC
- "Excellent! Jane Austen acts as the narrator and it helps the story move quickly."
- Review by Alisa Engnell, Seattle Christian School, Sea Tac, WA
- "A challenging piece of high comedy that works nicely for an upper-level theatre class or group. A nice opportunity to develop characterization."
- Review by Dana McAfee, Warsaw Community High School, Warsaw, IN
|Oak Ridge High||El Dorado Hills||California||3/21/2019||3/30/2019|