Large-Cast Version. As an adult, Albert Einstein changed our view of the universe. But as a boy, he struggled with the same issues any 12-year-old might—keeping up with violin lessons, impressing the girl next door and, oh yeah, comprehending the fundamental relationship of space and time to the speed of light, of course. This uplifting play about a fictional day in young Einstein's life confirms that each of us is both ordinary and special. With an engaging, original score, a healthy dose of imagination and the help of a mysterious cat, Einstein Is a Dummy reveals life's atomic possibilities.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code E80000
- Cast Size 12
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583428252
- "Einstein Is a Dummy is a delightful musical, with fresh and energetic music, character relationships that are fun and sweet, and entertains both adult and young audience members."
- Review by James Shafer, Hertford County High School, Ahoskie, N.C.
- "I loved the production and was very impressed by how well it captured both the coming-of-age of a 'different' teenager AND the unique scientific insights that led to Einstein's remarkable year of publications … It was the most creative approach to communicating physics that IÕve ever seen."
- Review by Matthew S. Grober, Associate Professor of Biology, Georgia State University
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Start your actors with the music. Learn that first. The broken violin was a tricky prop to make. I wound up ordering a toy violin (plastic) from a company online and even though it didn't match the size and color of the real violin that Einstein used throughout the play, it seemed to work just fine for our performance."
- Tip by James Shafer, Hertford County High School, Ahoskie, N.C.