Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code D35000
- Cast Size 16
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Drama | Melodrama
- ISBN(13) 9780871293084
- "A bit of humor, a bit of drama, and a bit of scary made for a whole lot of fun."
- Review by Richard Sunny, Franklin Regional SHS, Murrysville, Pa.
- "Dracula became the talk of Clarksville High School! We received rave reviews from faculty, parents and students. All six of our performances were sold out. Using the quality book by John Mattera, our production enhanced it by adding updated special effects. It was great fun!"
- Review by Dan Bullington, Clarksville High School, Clarksville, Ind.
- "This version has an excellent mix of humor and creepiness. The script has long passages and challenges actors to keep the long dialogue interesting. The students had a great time producing and performing Dracula!"
- Review by Jennifer Henselin, Oshkosh High School North, Oshkosh, WI
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Get a fog machine. Really. And don't be afraid to play the show for the laughs as well as the horror."
- Tip by Jacqueline Hope, Sneak Pique Productions, Dickinson, N.D.
- "Explore the ROMANCE between Dracula and Lucy! The courtship!"
- Tip by Kee Strong, Riverside High School, Durham, N.C.
- "We performed this play in the three-quarter round. The writing is very melodramatic. Some of the lines are difficult to say seriously, especially for teens. The director needs to make a conscious decision to do it seriously and work towards this end [or] it can easily become a comedy."
- Tip by Rebecca Sartor, Rutland High School, Rutland, Vt.
- "Magnets on the stakes and underclothes worked very well. Less blood was more chilling as it led the audience to imagine more."
- Tip by Jennifer Henselin, Oshkosh High School North, Oshkosh, WI
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).