Two of literature's most unforgettable young ladies get mixed up together in a magical meeting that produces hilarious results as the audience becomes reacquainted with a cast of familiar characters and sees them in a new light: the Cowardly Lion, the White Rabbit, the Tin Man, the Mad Hatter, the Scarecrow, the Dormouse, the Queen and the Witch from those enduring classics The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland. This fun-filled romp follows Alice and Dorothy and their coteries as they try to unscramble their stories with the help of a contemporary young lad who started the whole thing to begin with when he put off a book report until the very last minute. With script and lyrics by award-winning children's playwright Joseph Robinette and a fresh score of eminently singable tunes by Broadway musical director Karl Jurman, Dorothy Meets Alice is a fun and fanciful fantasy at its finest. As the two girls would say, "Wiz you were Hare!"
- On the bottom of page 27, the second to last speech should be ALICE (not DOROTHY), and the last speech should be DOROTHY (not ALICE).
- On the top of page 28, the first speech should be ALICE (not DOROTHY).
Read an Excerpt View Score Excerpt
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code D51000
- Cast Size 11
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871290793
- "This is a great musical for all ages. Both young and old will enjoy it. It is also good for beginners to perform. The set is not complicated, and the songs are simple and catchy."
- Review by Brandon Weaver, Loretto High School, Loretto, Tenn.
- "This was a fantastic showÑa lot of fun for cast and audience. Easy set and fun costumes make for an enjoyable production."
- Review by Jennifer Manwaring, Dysart High School, El Mirage, Ariz.
|Cyrano's Theatre Company||Anchorage||Alaska||6/13/2019||6/15/2019|