Limited Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department for more information.
When this play was written, instant messaging was popular; feel free to update technology references to reflect current social media trends.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code DA6000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Praise Groups
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583426371
- "I went to this show expecting a drama, which it was; but there were unexpected and welcome moments of humor, too. The actors are all captivating and delivered their message quite well. The play stands on its own but is particularly good to see for anyoneÑparents, friends, teensÑlooking for insight into recognizing and talking about potentially unhealthy relationships."
- Review by Audience member at the Minnesota Fringe Festival, reviewing a performance by the First Congregational Church of Waterloo, Iowa
- "What's Not 2 Luv? Linda Daugherty's play dont u luv me? is engaging and smartÉwith a message about dating violence among teenagers. Étexting language provides the simple but powerful punch that makes dont u luv me? uniquely theatrical. This is a sensitive, issue-driven dramaÉa strong piece of educational theater that hits a lot of right notes for its target audienceÉpowerfulÉtheater at its best."
- Review by Theater Jones
- "dont u luv me? is a powerful play demonstrating the red flags of abuse and escalation of teen dating violence. A riveting and powerful drama that will spark the necessary dialogue about healthy, unhealthy and abusive relationships."
- Review by Kate Dodd, L.C.S.W., Director of Youth Education and Prevention Services, The Family Place, Dallas, Texas
- "dont u luv me? is simply outstanding, and every teenager should see it. [Linda Daugherty's plays] resonate with the high school population like no other show I've done."
- Review by Laura Schmit, Jefferson High School, Bloomington, Minn.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Be ready for the myriad of emotions that this play will have on its audience. A post-show discussion is highly recommended. It can be a wonderful way to open the lines of communication up between teens and adults."
- Tip by Greg Holt, First Congregational Church, Waterloo, Iowa
Media Reviews"dont u luv me? continues Dallas playwright Linda Daugherty's well-researched and deeply involving series about teens. … I was blown away by Linda Daugherty's world premiere." -Dallas Morning News
"What's Not 2 Luv? Linda Daugherty's play dont u luv me? is engaging and smart … texting language provides the simple but powerful punch that makes dont u luv me? uniquely theatrical. This is a sensitive, issue-driving drama." -Theater Jones