Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code D64000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 115 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Senior Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871296801
- "This script was fantastic. It appeals to all generations, and has a powerful message about the human desire to connect, even when we aren't sure how, especially when related to those we love most. Cast, crew, and audience all loved it. Superb!"
- Review by Sarah Kucharek, Lee Williams High School, Kingman, Ariz/
- "This is an extremely well written show with wonderful full characters. My students are enjoying sinking their teeth into this piece."
- Review by Pam Gough, Stevens High School, Rapid City, SD
- "This was one of the most meaningful plays we have ever produced both for the actors and the audience. During read-through, the actors kept commenting how close the show hit home, many had aging parents or grandparents. We loved the show so much we are trying to make arrangements to do it again!"
- Review by Grace Sayers, Sand/Storybook Theater Centre, Inc., DeLand, FL
- "Beautiful, poetic, theatrical."
- Review by Judy Osborne, Union Pines High School, Cameron, N.C.
- "One of, if not the best dramas aroundÑtouches the heart and humors the soul."
- Review by Teresa Maynard, Smoky Mountain Community Theatre, Bryson City, N.C.
- "We thoroughly enjoyed producing Do Not Go Gentle. Our audiences were deeply touchedÑthey laughed and cried. One of our actors was surprised by a standing ovation when she walked into a restaurant a few nights after a performance and some people recognized her. Do Not Go Gentle touches something universal in all of us."
- Review by Jueanne Meyers, Rising Star Productions, Longview, Wash.
- "The script is a powerful, challenging, character-driven piece. The story is universal because the importance of the themes is experienced by everyone: the power of literacy and storytelling, the need to make the most of life, to forgive, to let go of hate and fear, to tell those we love just that. My cast and crew have been challenged, captivated and transformed."
- Review by Gerald Parker, Sequoyah High School, Canton, Ga.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Be specific about placing your boxes and labeling them for the props to go in. A thorough prop list, and pre-show/post show check lists are a must and will alleviate a great deal of stress. "
- Tip by Sarah Kucharek, Lee Williams High School, Kingman, Ariz/
- "During the flashbacks the only prop used was the crystal ball, all others were imaginary. This made the flashbacks have more of a surreal feelingÑworked very well."
- Tip by Teresa Maynard, Smoky Mountain Community Theatre, Bryson City, N.C.
- "Follow the author's suggestionsÑmake the set simple and abstract! The casting of Lillian is keyÑhave someone who can effectively and convincingly be 84. Make sure the cast has read Dylan Thomas' poem. Discuss how it relates to each character."
- Tip by Gerald Parker, Sequoyah High School, Canton, Ga.