Set in the "down home" locale of Green Town, Illinois, Dandelion Wine is a moving play in which 38-year-old Doug Spaulding must uncork the most wrenching summer of his childhood in order to free himself of the loneliness that has been bottled up in his heart for the last 23 years. He does this by going back in time to June 1938, arriving as Mr. Forrester, a stranger to Green Town. He befriends Douglas, his bright-eyed teenage self, and together they relive those days of time machines, the "wonderful Para Litefoot tennis sneakers," and his grandfather's cellar full of dandelion wine. By doing this, Spaulding hopes he can rediscover what will once again put "music in his ears and magic in his eyes"...as it will in the ears and eyes of your audiences.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code D43000
- Cast Size 15
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 105 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871295545
- "I directed "Fahrenheit 451" in 1995. This has the same strengths & challenges. I love the 'magic realism,' the large cast, the challenges of converting a somewhat cinematic script into a flowing impressionistic piece. Excellent message of 'letting go' in order to go on. Important material!"
- Review by Suzy Willhoft, Stadium High School, Tacoma, WA