Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Songs and incidental music are available from the composer:
c/o Fulton Opera House
P.O. Box 1865
Lancaster, PA 17608
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code CB3000
- Cast Size 21
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 150 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Tragedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583421635
- "This was by far the best translation of Cyrano I found in my research. The language was beautiful and packed full of puns, the suggested doubling made the cast size perfect for my high school, and the show carried all the emotional impact you'd expect. This play really reverberated with my actors and our audience."
- Review by Stefanie Ask, Sitka High School, Sitka, Alaska
- "For years I've wanted to direct a production [of Cyrano de Bergerac] that captured its wit, poetry and passion. When I read the adaptation by Barry Kornhauser, I knew I had finally found an English version in verse that retained the rich humor and beauty of Rostand's play. … Tremendously literate, tremendously clever … this adaptation has the modernity that you want in a new translation and yet doesn't sacrifice the classicism or the ability to enter into another era."
- Review by Michael Kahn, The Shakespeare Theatre
Media Reviews"It's as if someone pumped nitrous oxide into the theater, so giggly and woozy are the goings-on. … Kornhauser's free new English adaptation [is] a crazy quilt of rhyme schemes … an intensely moving treatise on not only the alchemic powers of love but also the beauty found in sacrifice" -The Washington Times
"A frothy Cyrano invigorated by … the irreverence of a zinger-packed adaptation that displays as much affinity for the wit and wisdom of Milton Berle as for that of Edmond Rostand. … A rhyming version that performs a kind of teasing gavotte on the ears. … Pack(s) surprising punch." -The Washington Post
"Absolutely charming … A standing ovation waiting to happen." -Intelligencer Journal
"Written entirely in verse, Barry Kornhauser's modern translation whips airy comedy with heartbreaking romance. … Breathtaking … beautifully realized … sheer heart-stopping poignancy…Panache!" -Margaret Lawrence, American Theatre Critics Association