Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code C76000
- Cast Size 16
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871290076
- "This is fairly standard Pat Cook material. Simple, silly, and fun to perform. It is on the short side; our production was under an hour and a half. This is a good show for the year after a heavy, complicated production. "
- Review by Brian Logee, JCB High School, Phoenix, N.Y.
- "Easy to stage. The audience did not figure out who the killer was and I used 7th grade actors!"
- Review by Julia Ann King, Cedar Heights Middle School, Covington, Wash.
- "Fast-paced and very entertaining. Many audience members said it was the best comedy they had ever watched. Easy to produce and lots of good roles. We loved it."
- Review by Bonnie Zimmer, Elton Collegiate, Forrest, Manitoba, Canada
- "Clockwork was awesome. We loved it. It is a fast-paced, funny piece with wonderful language usage and nuances. Very manageable for a competent group of high-school students!"
- Review by Wendy Hassemer, Pojoaque Valley High School, Santa Fe, N.M.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "To present the story correctly, you will need to plan on a lot of old age makeup. Train or obtain some helpers or you will be spending a LOT of time in the makeup room. Also, regarding the Messenger's disguise, I created a crepe wool beard using latex. I was able to hot glue an elastic cord to the inside which then went over the actor's ears and behind his head. This allowed him to have full old-age makeup on under the beard so it still looked like Zack when he removed it. We also put a mustache on the actor using Topstick (toupee tape). Again, this allowed him to get into the disguise quickly (only has about three minutes) and then easily remove the disguise at the end without disturbing the old age makeup."
- Tip by Brian Logee, JCB High School, Phoenix, N.Y.