This is the story of Cinderella as she is known in China, Russia and by Native Americans, told by Cinderella herself. What better way for today's young people to explore these other cultures than by the enactment of three of the most playable versions of this story? We are introduced to Plum Blossom, The Chinese Cinderella; Vasilisa, The Russian Cinderella; and Rough Face, The Native American Cinderella of the North American Micmac tribe. The world's favorite fairy tale can be presented as a whole, or you may present its individual scenes, perhaps in classes exploring other cultures or in youth theater workshops. To facilitate such a project, Nancy Swortzell has prepared an extensive study guide included with this edition. She has designed workshops for children before or after a performance of Cinderella and projects for groups working on each of the individual tales.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code CF8000
- Cast Size 10
- Pages 96
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780932720849
- "Once again, our school has benefited from a great script. Not only were we able to present a wonderful play that the audience loved, but the experience of seeing Cinderella in a different culture allowed us to learn more about our world and the people who make up our community. Drawing support and cultural awareness from our city gave our students the opportunity to meet and experience these stories and new styles of theater. They learn that many parts of the world have their own Cinderellas too! It was a great time and a positive experience in many ways. Thank you for having the script in your collection."
- Review by Lyle Johnson, Drama Director, A.E. Peacock Collegiate, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- "Our audiences loved the play. It was easy to get school groups because of the multicultural aspects of the show, and once there, the children were enchanted. For our evening performances, the play had the same appeal to a general family audience. Once the word of mouth got around about the show, we had to turn away both school groups and family patrons. Because of our success with Cinderella: The World's Favorite Fairy Tale, I cannot recommend it too highly."
- Review by Rex Stephenson,Ferrum College, Ferrum, Va.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).