- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code C63000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $105/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 50 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871293893
- "The students had a great time performing one of the most beloved stories from their elementary school days. We also were pleased to be able to invite elementary school children to view the production during the school day. It was also a great challenge for the actors to practice acting like animals!"
- Review by Zachary Kattwinkel, Old Donation School, Virginia Beach, Va.
- "Wonderful script/show. This is the third time we have done this show and it has always been a success with our actors and audiences. Perfect length for elementary-aged school children, and the integrity of the story loses nothing."
- Review by Lou Fazzini, All the World's a Stage, Clinton Township, MI
- "It was well received by all our audience. Perfect cast size and running length for a touring production. Also -- very popular title -- Great Sell for school groups."
- Review by Rob Adams, Dark Horse Theatre Co., Orefield, PA
- "A great vehicle for young adult actors and wonderful for community outreach."
- Review by Donna Burke, Glenbard North High School, Carol Stream, IL
- "We very much enjoyed producing this version of Charlotte's Web. Our students brought it to life in a matter of days. The narrators kept us properly advised of where we were in the plot."
- Review by Lori Willis, St. John's Church, Prince Frederick, Md.
- "Fantastic show -- funny, touching, sad, happy -- sold well."
- Review by Sara Pezza, Stage West, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- "This show has become an annual event! Everyone (young and old) loves it!"
- Review by Gloria Doss, Fairhope Middle School, Fairhope, Ala.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Check to make sure that any hay you use doesn't leave strands EVERYWHERE the way ours did. And even though this version may have taken fifty minutes for a professional tour to perform it, my cast had to make some cuts. If you are thinking of having to cut the script, ask early!"
- Tip by Zachary Kattwinkel, Old Donation School, Virginia Beach, Va.
- "I used a video projector to display images of the web—by creating them on Power Point and projecting them onto a screen."
- Tip by Ellen Foster, William Saroyan Elementary, Fresno, Calif.
|E T Wrenn Middle School||San Antonio||Texas||5/20/2019||5/21/2019|
|Anvil Centre||New Westminster||British Columbia||6/6/2019||6/9/2019|
|Majestic Theater||West Springfield||Massachusetts||7/15/2019||8/7/2019|
|Orchard Performing Arts Co Inc||Delmont||Pennsylvania||7/30/2019||8/10/2019|
|Ivy Tech Waldron Arts Center||Bloomington||Indiana||10/16/2019||11/3/2019|
|The Magik Theatre||San Antonio||Texas||4/30/2020||6/6/2020|
|Lafon Arts Center||Luling||Louisiana||10/26/2019||10/26/2019|
|Topeka Civic Theatre and Academy||Topeka||Kansas||8/2/2019||8/2/2019|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).