This exciting, new musical version of Charlotte's Web brings a new dimension to E.B. White's beloved classic. With music and lyrics by Charles Strouse (Annie, 'Bye, 'Bye Birdie) and book by Joseph Robinette (national award-winning children's playwright) your audiences will thrill to a musical score which includes "Eating," Wilbur the pig's humorous yet poignant song about growing up; "Who Says We Can't Be Friends," an enchanting duet between Wilbur and his new-found companion Charlotte; "Welcome to the Zuckerman Barn," featuring all the story's unforgettable animals in a hand-clapping, toe-tapping hoe-down; and "Summer," a haunting, nostalgic chorus number which evokes a time and place from everyone's childhood. This joyous musical offers your audiences a very special experience.
Rehearsal and Performance Tools
Show|Ready: Customizable rehearsal tracks of your show, complete with individual vocal parts.
Stage|Tracks: Quality performance tracks to greatly enhance your production. Click here to learn more.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
Rehearsal CD and Sound Effects CD
Also available for purchase.
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code C06000
- Cast Size 15
- Min. Royalty Rate $105/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 130 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871292582
- "We had an amazing time doing the show. The community loved it as well. We made memories that will last a life time. "
- Review by Amy Burns, Franklin Community Players, Lavonia, Ga.
- "This was a fantastic and lively script with great characterizations in all parts. The music and lyrics were also very good and really helped to make our production "shine.""
- Review by Anna Mula, Little Palm Family Theatre, Boca Raton, Fla.
- "Easy to stage; very popular with the audience. A delightful show all around."
- Review by Mrs. E. Franson, Hope Secondary School, Hope, BC
- "Charlotte's Web was great funÑwe had a super response from our audienceÑgood for all age groups."
- Review by Dona Dye, McNeil High School, Austin, Texas
- "In our very small rural Vermont school with a population of 55, our small theater troupe of 15 kids entertained a packed auditorium. A wonderful success in our rural community!"
- Review by Jane Halbeisen, Jay-Westfield School, Jay, Vt.
- "Charlotte's Web: The Musical is a wonderful show for all ages. Its themes are universal and timeless. The songs became favorites of our actors. Even young audience members left the show singing "Wilbur!""
- Review by Ralph Lawson, Union High School, Union, S.C.
- "I wasn't expecting the music for a "kids' show" to be so strong, but this is definitely musical quality music. Catchy, too."
- Review by Allen Moore, Destination Theatre Company, Florissant, Mo.
- "This is a delightful version of E.B. White's well-known story. It is touching, yet has a lot of comical moments. The characters are well developed in the script, which was helpful to our young actors. Our audiences loved the performances."
- Review by Barbara Eyges, Theatre of Light, Marblehead, Mass.
- "The adaptation of Charlotte's Web by Joseph Robinette with music and lyrics by Charles Strouse was a delight! The show is very true to the beloved book but has wonderful added moments of humor and poignancy. Thank you for renting us these materials."
- Review by Milly Romanzi, The Gordon School, East Providence, R.I.
- "Charlotte's Web was a challenging delight. While the music is not geared to a youth cast, we were able to "make it work" for our cast aged 10-19. The musical score is BEAUTIFUL! Mr. Strouse's music and lyrics made a "perfect" script even more lovely. The songs are terrific and the underscoring adds a richness that takes the message of the story to a deeper level for actors and audiences alike. The script is poignant and witty and captures perfectly the essence of E.B. White's storyÑour audience laughed and cried and left the theatre saying, "amazing," "spectacular," "I didn't expect to enjoy a musical, but I loved itÑI'll be back!" We were thrilled and proud to produce this delightful musical."
- Review by Ann L. Holmes, 3-D Family Theatre, Deerfield, Wis.
- "The show was fun and a great success. This was my first show to produce, and the kids were very good at picking up the dialog and songs. We cast 29 actors and ran a total of 10 performances. One performance was dedicated to one local school for their second gradersÑwho were reading Charlotte's WebÑand their parents."
- Review by Greg Colbert, South Valley Civic Theatre, Gilroy, Calif.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "I used tulle (netting) stretched between lightweight wood dowels, and then painted the web design and words on with fabric paint. I used glittery paint for words. I had five different webs that velcroed into framework on barn."
- Tip by Linda Hasbrouck, Gibraltar Area Schools, Fish Creek, Wis.
|Nice to Meet You||mp3||Download|
|Who Says We Can't Be Friends?||mp3||Download|
|County Fair (Reprise)||mp3||Download|
|Midland Center for the Arts||Midland||Michigan||3/21/2019||3/24/2019|
|Country Theatre Workshop||Cissna Park||Illinois||6/1/2019||6/2/2019|
|Nashville Christian School||Nashville||Tennessee||5/10/2019||5/12/2019|
|St. Andrew's Episcopal Church||Arlington||Virginia||6/7/2019||6/9/2019|
|John J Ahern||Foxborough||Massachusetts||5/17/2019||5/19/2019|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).