It's four days before Christmas, and the New York Evening Post needs a holiday feature story. President James Monroe is counting on reading it to his family on Christmas Day. But writer Clement Moore has writer's block. Besides that, he must work at home amongst his five children who are, needless to say, very anxious for St. Nicholas to arrive. Clement's frustration mounts—then the magic begins. The sounds of bells, moving toys and visions of Sugar Plum Fairies all conspire to help Clement, as the events from the classic poem come to life. Interwoven with carolers, a song to St. Nicholas, dancing fairies and much more, including, of course, a visit from the old elf himself, this delightful musical concludes with the complete original poem set to exquisite music. Commissioned and first produced by Stages Theatre Company, this fresh telling of the most popular Christmas poem ever told will delight audiences of all ages.
Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department for more information.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code TS7000
- Cast Size 26
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583428054
- "The show went off very well to rave reviews. The script was very simple and heartwarming."
- Review by Charlotte Dornadic, Kostume Kapers Children's Theatre, Sydney, Nova Scotia
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We chose to have one set with the bedroom, outside and other parts of the house offstage- giving the illusion that that were rooms there. We had the carolers do some of the singing in the audience as the theater lends itself nicely for this sort of thing."
- Tip by Charlotte Dornadic, Kostume Kapers Children's Theatre, Sydney, Nova Scotia
“An excellent remedy for the holiday rush.” —www.wickedlocal.com
“Captures this authentic Christmas spirit in its charming and festive musical version of Clement C. Moore’s time-honored 1823 poem.” —www.wickedlocal.com
“The show is chock full of classic Christmas carols, familiar to us all.” —www.barnstablepatriot.com
“This show has something for everyone. … Grab someone you love and share this wonderful holiday show with them.” —www.barnstablepatriot.com
“This show is easy to fit into your busy holiday schedule and worth every minute.” —Cape Cod Chronicle
|Dear Saint Nicholas||mp3||Download|
|Sugar Plum Fairy Dance||mp3||Download|
|What a Merry Night||mp3||Download|
|Twas the Night Before Christmas||mp3||Download|