This winner of the first Cunningham Commission Award for Youth Theatre is an inspiring musical about the magic of storytelling. One winter's day, Hans, a farm boy who has lost his way in the woods, stumbles across a golden key. It unlocks an enchanted chest that holds the imprisoned Gerhardt the Great and his troupe of traveling players. To show their thanks, the players perform three tales for Hans: The Golden Goose, The Three Huntsmen and The Four Skillful Brothers. Their theatrical antics are underscored by a collection of songs that range in style from ballads to blues to rock. Finally, the players depart, leaving Hans with some valuable lessons about generosity, loyalty and hard work.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code K04000
- Cast Size 12
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Senior Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583424162
Media Reviews"A new musical from DePaul's Chicago Playworks enchants theatergoers." -Time Out Chicago
"An A+ for kids and an A for parents." -Chicago Parent
"There's nothing grim about Grimm, and the DePaul play's lessons are positively positive." -The Catholic New World
|Goose on the Loose||mp3||Download|
|The the Ends of the Earth||mp3||Download|
|Doing My Best||mp3||Download|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).