Everyone is celebrating the placement of the last paving stone covering the last unpaved patch of ground on the planet—that is, everyone except Ito, a girl with ears so big she can hear the ground talking. Everyone else thinks Ito's "sound from the ground" is her attempt to justify her humiliatingly large ears. Even Jassmin, a lass with a nose so big she can smell a lie, doesn't believe in Ito's sound. Threatened with the forever-silenced ground, Ito risks the ire of her pa to share the ground sound ("spoken" in music) with normal-eared people. This modem comic fable about being different and sustaining the environment was workshopped at the Sundance Institute and premiered at Idaho Theatre for Youth.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
A script revision is available in the Downloads section.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code LA1000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 65 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871299529
- "Outstanding script, my students had a great time with this."
- Review by Richard Pope, Waukegan High School, Waukegan, Ill.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).