Reviews across the country herald this new version—"only Peter Pan matches it for natural hilarity. The two are alike in understanding what children want a play to be: an extension of their own play with which they can fully identify... it has comedy, poignancy, charm and enchantment in just the right amounts." The funniest and most enchanting version of the beloved story available, especially easy to produce and highly effective for touring groups.
Read an Excerpt
- The Cinderella Complex
- Cinderella of Loreland
- The Truth About Cinderella
- Cinderella Confidential
- Cinderella Eats Rice and Beans: A Salsa Fairy Tale
- Cinderella: The World's Favorite Fairy Tale
- Cinderella (Chorpenning)
- Cinderella (Musical, Goldberg)
- The Oldest Story Ever Told
- Cinderella (Netzel)
- Cinderella (Goldberg)
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code C73000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 70 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871290731
- "We loved this script! Lots of laughs for us and our audiences. It's a great length, and we had kids and adults alike who enjoyed it. "
- Review by Kaitlin de Graffenried, LeTourneau University, Longview, Texas
- "Our production of Cinderella was the most successful spring show we've done in a long time. We had full houses and a standing ovation each and every night."
- Review by Joan Lenz, Bettendorf High School, Bettendorf, Iowa
- "It was funny and engaging. This was one of my favorites to produce."
- Review by Natalie Skutlin, New Covenant Christian School, Lebanon, Pa.
- "We love the playÑwe've just had a read-through so far, but the whole cast found it to be very funny and sweet. The stepsisters are thrilled with the comedic antics they will do."
- Review by Renee Lee, Magic Circle Players, Montrose, Colo.
- "The script itself is funny, but hearing it spoken out loud is just hysterical! We had the best time in rehearsals, and I appreciate how much flexibility the script allowed us to have in interpretation. I could hear our audience laughing the whole time, which boosted our morale to really "ham it up.""
- Review by Dora Mitropoulos, West Florence High School, Florence, S.C.
- "William Glennon has done an excellent job taking this classic story and making it something easily staged and engaging for audiences of all ages. It was one of our most successful productions ever!"
- Review by Nathan Krug, Illinois Lutheran School, Crete, Ill.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Consider casting a man for one or both stepsisters. It made that role all the more comedic. We also had our Jester interact with the audience as they came into the house, telling them not to let on if the prince or king came looking for him. That seemed to give him a great rapport with the audience. For costumes: the change into ball gowns for the step sisters is very fast, so we strongly suggest quick change rigging costumes finding another way to stretch your time."
- Tip by Kaitlin de Graffenried, LeTourneau University, Longview, Texas
|Family Life Centre||Brampton||Ontario||8/23/2019||8/24/2019|