Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Formerly titled: La Vie Ennui.
Although it is not on the current cast recording, the song "C'est la Vie" which replaces the original title song is available.
A script revision is available in the Downloads section.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code CF5000
- Cast Size 2
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- ISBN(13) 9781583422397
- "A great vehicle for two comic actresses. Clever lyrics, fun music and a satisfying storyÑa great girlfriend show."
- Review by Merritt Olsen, San Juan Community Theatre, Friday Harbor, Wash.
Media Reviews"Full of charm and period 'oo-la-la,' La Vie Ennui is ready for the high life, capturing that ever-light, ever-sassy Parisian style." -Chicago Tribune
"There's no ennui in this perfectly packaged, memorably melodic, richly polished musical gem—a big-hearted salute to French cabaret and the chanteuses who break our hearts. The songs showcase Opelka's skill at churning out four-star tunes and wicked lyrics. One of the Eight Theatrical Wonders of 2002 Chicago theatre." -Chicago Reader
"An engaging, charming little gem. This uplifting, fun-loving, witty musical romp celebrates the French cabaret style made famous by Edith Piaf. With its terrific selection of wonderful, beautifully sung tunes, this treasure could well run for years." -Chicago Daily Southtown
"This is parody at its classiest. It's easy to imagine an entire club constructed around this show à la Tony and Tina's Wedding." -Windy City Times
"Musical theater has life in it yet. For that we can thank composers like Gregg Opelka, whose merry homage, La Vie Ennui, reflects a fondness for French chanteuse Edith Piaf and his admiration for classic cabaret." -Chicago Daily Herald
"La Vie Ennui is a clever send-up of French chanson. Opelka is a deft wordsmith, with clever and intelligent rhymes. This young man must be ranked on the 'A' list of American musical theater practitioners." -Copley News Service
"Opelka has fashioned a musical that is so right on the money it's a little frightening. This is a great, fun show that has a long life ahead of it." -Midwest Ursine
|A Couple of Belles Coquettes||mp3||Download|
|It's a Crazy World, N'est-ce Pas?||mp3||Download|
|Say Je T'aime||mp3||Download|
|You've Got to Be a Waif||mp3||Download|
|Living in the Cinema||mp3||Download|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).