This hilarious show takes all the elements of the cult classic films The Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness and combines them into one of the craziest theatrical experiences of all time. Five college students go to an abandoned cabin in the woods and accidentally unleash an evil force that turns them all into demons. It's all up to Ash (a housewares employee turned demon-killing hero) and his trusty chainsaw to save the day. Blood flies. Limbs are dismembered. Demons tell bad jokes ... and all to music. The songs in the show are completely off the wall. Titles like "All the Men in My Life Keep Getting Killed by Candarian Demons" and "What the F**k Was That?" will have audiences rolling in their seats and screaming for more and more blood. This show has fun with the horror genre and, in doing so, appeals to a wide audience. It's the only show with a "Splatter Zone"a section of the audience that gets covered in fake blood. And with this combination of blood, jokes, cheesy effects and awesome musical numbers, Evil Dead The Musical is unlike any show you've ever seen. While the Evil Dead films are the definition of cult movies, as a stage show, Evil Dead: The Musical has become a cult sensation of its own. The show played off-Broadway in New York, has broken records in Toronto, has won awards in Korea and has had more than 200 productions mounted across the globe. And because this show appeals to both the fans of the films and the new audience who loves it purely as a stage show, theatres who put on Evil Dead The Musical are amazed by the audience response.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code E91000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $105/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience College and Adult
- Performing Group College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619591028
- "This musical is a BLAST to perform and our audiences thoroughly enjoyed the offering, so much that we had to add two additional performances to accommodate audience demand. We honestly could have done an extra weekend of shows, it was so well received. The technical demands were a blast for our team to tackle and the campy nature of the script gave us a lot of freedom to play with the special effects. We've all agreed that we'll have to bring this show back again soon."
- Review by Kensington Eck, Think PINK Productions, Evansville, Ind.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Work with your blood early and often so that your actors are not only used to the feel of performing wet, but also get a sense of how to safely perform on a wet floor. Our company focused on safety from the beginning because the Necronomicon is placed right after Annie gets blasted with Jake's blood from the cellar, leaving no time for clean up. Having the cast practice the dance on a wet floor was beneficial to everyone, and having a contingency plan for a floor that became too slick or had standing water on it was a must."
- Tip by Kensington Eck, Think PINK Productions, Evansville, Ind.
Media Reviews"A deliciously campy, gore-filled musical spectacle that faithfully pays homage to the original cult classic." -Mooney on Theatre
"A demented delight." -NOW Magazine
"A must-see for die-hard lovers of the franchise and really anybody who's in the mood for some over-the-top, campy, raunchy, gory good fun. Go see this play." -Mooney on Theatre
"A ridiculously fun, tongue-in-cheek, gore-soaked musical experience." -The Torontoist
"Absurdly brilliant. You won't find a better night out than at this hilarious cult musical." -The Examiner.com
"As long as you like having fun … this show is for you." -Broadway World
"Bloody hilarious … Devilishly entertaining." -The Toronto Star
"Call it, if you will, The Rocky Gore-er Show." -The Globe and Mail
"Chock-full of singing, dancing, blood-soaked zombies." -National Post
"Deadpan lyrics … playful choreography … lively music." -The New York Times
"Deliriously silly. Couple a lot of scary imagery with a bouncy score that's as much Grease as Rocky Horror, and you have that delicious alchemy by which horror is transmuted into hysterical laughter." -Sun Media
"Fan-freaking-tastic." -Ain't It Cool News
"Good, clean, dirty fun: hilariously bloody and bloody hilarious." -The Toronto Star
"Greatest phenomenon on the planet musical." -MTV
"Rife with terrible jokes, dismemberment and buckets of blood … billed as the only stage play to feature a 'splash zone.'" -Boise Weekly
"This is not just a showit's a full-on Halloween event!" -Broadway World
"Wants to be the next Rocky Horror Picture Show, and it just may succeed." -The New York Times
|San Jose Stage||San Jose||California||10/25/2018||11/4/2018|
|Studio 1398||Vancouver||British Columbia||10/26/2018||11/3/2018|
|Renton Civic Theater||Renton||Washington||10/12/2018||10/20/2018|
|Old Town Theatre||Ridgecrest||California||10/5/2018||10/13/2018|
|Tenth Avenue Arts Center||San Diego||California||10/19/2018||10/28/2018|
|Humboldt State University - Gist Theatre||Arcata||California||10/26/2018||11/4/2018|
|Market Hall Performing Arts Centre||Peterborough||Ontario||10/11/2018||10/13/2018|
|Metro Theatre||Victoria||British Columbia||11/2/2018||11/10/2018|
|Stray Dog Theatre||St. Louis||Missouri||10/11/2018||10/27/2018|
|Theatre on the Avenue||Wyandotte||Michigan||10/5/2018||10/13/2018|
|The Park Theatre||Winnipeg||Manitoba||10/25/2018||11/4/2018|
|Moraine Valley Community College||Palos Hills||Illinois||11/2/2018||11/11/2018|
|Theatre In the Grove||Forest Grove||Oregon||10/19/2018||11/4/2018|
|Randall Theatre Company||Medford||Oregon||10/19/2018||10/31/2018|
|Keith Anderson Community House||Orono||Maine||8/23/2019||9/1/2019|
|Center Stage||Lake charles||Louisiana||10/19/2018||10/31/2018|
|Pride Films and Plays||Chicago||Illinois||1/11/2019||2/16/2019|
|Rochester opera house||Rochester||New Hampshire||10/11/2018||10/31/2018|
|Chicago Street Theatre||Valparaiso||Indiana||10/12/2018||10/28/2018|
|Martha Ellen Tye Playhouse||Marshalltown||Iowa||10/26/2018||11/4/2018|
|University of West Georgia||Carrollton||Georgia||10/9/2018||10/14/2018|
|Dakota Theatre||Yankton||South Dakota||10/4/2018||10/14/2018|
|Cyrano's Theatre Company||Anchorage||Alaska||1/25/2019||2/24/2019|
|Harbor Playhouse||Corpus Christi||Texas||10/18/2019||10/31/2019|
|Street Lamp Productions||Rising Sun||Maryland||10/5/2018||10/13/2018|
|Music Valley Event Center||Nashville||Tennessee||10/12/2018||11/3/2018|
|Bolingbrook Performing Arts Center Indoors||Bolingbrook||Illinois||10/19/2018||11/4/2018|
|Bellevue Society for the Arts||Bellevue||Ohio||10/12/2018||10/20/2018|
|Sutter Street Theatre||Folsom||California||10/6/2018||11/3/2018|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).