On a summer evening, four young people don't want to go home just yet. One invents a game of "Wish Upon a Star," which demands that each friend tell a life story in which the others can take roles and help the central characters achieve their goals. One rides his "intergalactic bicycle" through the asteroid belt to a distant planet to discover and defend against hostile beings. Another wishes for his twin to help him solve the day-to-day problems of schoolwork. His wish is granted until he discovers his unique talents and chooses to be independent again. And finally, one who struggles to be "normal" in her family of artists finds that vision improves when horses really can be blue. Each person's story helps him or her understand and assist one another in the trials and tribulations of growing up, gaining self confidence, and making friends. Blue Horses has been widely and enthusiastically produced by high schools. It has toured with the ArtReach Touring Theatre of Cincinnati and has been the company's longest-running, most well-received show.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code B63000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $35/perf
- Cost $7.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583420034
- "Marvelous play for children. My high school students enjoyed performing (and directing) it as much as our audience enjoyed seeing it. Great for revitalizing imaginations."
- Review by Sandra Camphor, Ocean Springs High School, Ocean Springs, MS
- "Imagination is what it is all about! My cast came alive with energy, creativity and movement. The children in the audience were mesmerized."
- Review by Jo Nell Seifert, Poplar Bluff Senior High School, Poplar Bluff, Mo.
|The Mennonite Heritage Village||Steinbach||Manitoba||5/11/2018||7/1/2018|