A group of the usual British murder-mystery types gather for a weekend retreat at the sumptuous country estate of the esteemed Lady Somerset. There's the major who served in India; the inebriated, fading actor; the innocent ingénue; the exotic lady in red; the mysterious Chinese gentleman; the rich dowager aunt and her faithful maid and worthless nephew. Suddenly, one of them dies of poison! Well, of course. Oh, what fun! But wait … Her Ladyship refuses to summon the police! She says she won't go through all this, again. All what, again? And why were they all invited here in the first place? Is this actually just another formulaic, all-too-predictable mystery story? Or is it something diabolically … different? Agatha Christie meets Pirandello, as characters rebel against their author. It's bloody murder.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code BG7000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583428030
- "We had so much fun putting this show together! The students were able to really delve in and create fantastic, rich, layered characters. Our audiences were truly entertained. It was the perfect combination of comedy, mystery and suspense."
- Review by Heather Pirus, Borah High School, Boise, Idaho
- "Bloody Murder was a hit! My students had a wonderful time preparing and performing the show, and it was a delightful surprise to our audience as well. The flexible casting of this script was also a bonus. I produced the 12-actor variation, but the 6-8 actor variation's availablity was comforting."
- Review by Emma Reeve-Lobaugh, Nishnabotna High School, Farragut, IA
Media Reviews"Delightfully warped." -The Twinsburg Bulletin
"I laughed and laughed loud throughout this wickedly delicious piece of work." -www.broadwayworld.com
"A great script … It's an idea I wished I'd thought of." -Wairarapa Times-Age (New Zealand)
"Clever and well-crafted comedy." -Honolulu Pulse
"It's a sign of fresh, intelligent writing when a playwright succeeds in totally messing with his audience’s minds." -Akron Beacon Journal
"Something unique that looks at the very fabric of murder mystery." -Wellington Reviews (New Zealand)
|Ignite! Community Theatre||Spokane||Washington||4/12/2019||4/28/2019|
|New Weis Center for Education, Arts and Recreation||Ringwood||New Jersey||10/25/2019||11/3/2019|