In the final moments of Hamlet, the dying prince pleads with his one, true friend, Horatio, to tell his story to those who would otherwise not understand his life and death. And Flights of Angels is Horatio's response; it is Horatio's Hamlet. What secret did Horatio know? What would he never repeat? What would he emphasize? And how should the story be told? since "the play's the thing," Horatio gathers a troupe of actors to "play the play." This allows the director great creativity in casting and technical values. If you have always wanted to do Hamlet but felt it was just too difficult, this is your chance.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code A55000
- Cast Size 16
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 110 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871294746
- "A wonderful adaptation of one of literature's greatest works. The adaptation brings a wonderful accessibility to this show. The characters are rich and well developed. It is very encouraging to be able to tackle Hamlet with the express permission to allow girls to play any of the roles! Also, this setting wonderfully allows for a multiracial cast."
- Review by Tony Ponceti, Castleberry High School, Fort Worth, Texas
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Don't be afraid to allow girls to play any of the roles. Also, this setting wonderfully allows for a multi-racial cast."
- Tip by Tony Ponceti, Castleberry High School, Fort Worth, Texas