With her keenly perceptive eye, Mrs. Chorpenning has adapted this famous story for very young audiences. Chasing the White Rabbit, Alice tumbles down the rabbit hole into Wonderland. She meets all its famous residents: the King of Hearts, Red Queen, White Queen, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the Gryphon, Mock Turtle, the Dormouse, Mad Hatter and March Hare, the Frog Footman, the Dutchess, the Caterpillar and White Rabbit.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code A48000
- Cast Size 18
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871290359
- "The play was great fun! I liked the music additions and the range of parts."
- Review by Tom Ostheimer, Children's Theatre Company, Williamstown, Mass.
- "This is the best Alice play I've ever seen. We have produced it twice now (10 years apart), the first one was my favorite performance until the second one blew it out of the water! Great for character development and multiple spotlights. Everybody has a chance for a best performance!"
- Review by Peg Ginsberg, Mt. Horeb High School, Mt. Horeb, Wis.
- "I chose Alice in Wonderland as the very first play at our school so that any student who wanted to be involved could be. It was easy to expand for extra actors. It is a show that students can add their own touches to."
- Review by Christine Hopper, Frances Harper Junior High, Davis, Calif.
- "Fast moving, crisp dialogue, colorful characters, workable set Ñ an excellent production. We will do it again and again!"
- Review by Anne Stumhofer, Family Theatre, Columbus, Ga.
- "Wonderful version of classic story. This one is easy to stage, large cast, and has a great moral. I read at least ten before choosing this one."
- Review by Cristin Lenters, Chicago Christian High, Palos Heights, Ill.
- "One of our most popular shows! Great adaptation!"
- Review by Mari Adams, Catholic High School, Huntsville, Ala.
- "Easy and versatile retelling with all the essential elementsÑsatire; humor; colorful, straightforward characters. Ideal for a young cast."
- Review by Kathy Bridge, Home School, Delafield, Wis.
- "This was one of our most successful productions in 35 years of doing children's theater. The audience loved the show and the cast enjoyed performing it. The running time was just right."
- Review by David Eggebrecht, Concordia University, Mequon, Wis.
- "It was a great privilege to do this version of the literary classic. This play was really commodious for our young acting students and well written. The show allowed many students to participate, making the production a total success."
- Review by Keith L. Davis, Grover C. Fields Middle School, New Bern, N.C.
- "Incredible! I read five different Alice scripts, and this one was by far the most meaningful. Chorpenning artfully weaves the events together with a deeper meaning, making the show enjoyable for all ages!"
- Review by Carrie Gerrard, Lake Stevens High School, Lake Stevens, Wash.
- "Alice was marvelous! This is the perfect show for junior high performers. They can indulge their inner "silly" side from Alice. "We're all crazy around here," says the Frog. As a director, I didn't have to chide performers to act as adults. This was not a stretch acting-wise and it was amazing how much fun it was on the setÑfor both students and director. We got fabulous feedback from our audiences!"
- Review by Maureen Ghiossi, The King's Academy, Sunnyvale, Calif.
- "The closest version to what I desired, after reading many very true to Carroll, but unique in its own creative ways. A novel combination of both books into one witty play."
- Review by Christina McAllister, St. Thomas Aquinas High School, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We interacted with the audience during the jury scene with the slate boards and chalk."
- Tip by Terri Gillis, YMCA, Columbus, Miss.
|Sturgeon Composite High School||Sturgeon County||Alberta||3/13/2019||3/16/2019|
|Margaret Mead Jhs||Elk Grove Village||Illinois||3/15/2019||3/18/2019|
|Foley Civic Center||Foley||Alabama||3/29/2019||3/31/2019|
|Albany High School Performance Gymnasium||Albany||Missouri||3/7/2019||3/10/2019|
|Macomb Senior High School||Macomb||Illinois||3/29/2019||3/30/2019|
|Wamego High School||Wamego||Kansas||2/15/2019||2/17/2019|