This new version is so close to the original in intention and feeling that you might suspect that Carroll himself had written it. And yet, it includes many unusual and imaginative staging devices. A group of performers seeks out Alice in order to provide "her turn" in Wonderland. And, as her adventure unfolds, they play the many characters she encounters and grows to love. A joy to see and hear.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code A44000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 65 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871290632
- "Alice in Wonderland was great! It combined slapstick humor, sight gags and wordplay quite skilfully, but still left room for personal touches. The audience loved it."
- Review by Joy McGill, Town & Country Public Library, Elburn, Ill.
- "This version of the Carroll classic is fun to perform. Many judges at our one-act competition had not seen it before and found it entertaining and full of surprises."
- Review by Katherine Alexander, Berkmar High School, Lilburn, Ga.
- "This adaptation is a great introduction to the story for younger audiencesÑthe thick language is somewhat cut, and the Queen of Hearts isn't really as scary as other versions. It's also a version that can be done in a smaller space, and flexible casting is a huge plus!"
- Review by Rachel King-Barr, Germantown Community Theatre, Germantown, Tenn.
- "I've done this play before and reviewed itÑlove the idea of the actors forming the scenery (rabbit hole, garden, etc.) It makes the kids feel important no matter how small their part!"
- Review by Sarah Shelton, Rosemont 6th Grade, Fort Worth, Texas
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Our cast had basic costumes, and the most outstanding pieces were hats and headgear to define their individualized characters. If you have a tight budget, I suggest investing in hats!"
- Tip by Rachel King-Barr, Germantown Community Theatre, Germantown, Tenn.
|Arizona Broadway Theatre||Peoria||Arizona||6/15/2018||6/29/2018|