Christmas Eve has come to the Ozarks. Widow Hinckley is closing in on Joshua, a lazy, bad-tempered mountaineer. She brings him a bedraggled Christmas tree in hopes of softening him up, but Joshua hates Christmas. His relatives all agree that "He's just like Scrooge in that thar story." So they prepare a mountaineer version of A Christmas Carol and Joshua sees the Ozark Christmas Past, Present and Future.
Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department for more information.
- A Carol for Tiny Tim
- The Christmas Carol
- A Christmas Carol (Jakes)
- The Christmas Corral
- A Country Christmas Carol (Kaehler)
- A Christmas Carol (Touring, Jakes)
- The Trial of Ebenezer Scrooge
- A Christmas Carol (King)
- Carol * A Christmas
- A Christmas Carol (One-act, McDonough)
- A Country Christmas Carol (Nelson)
- A Christmas Carol (Musical, Kornhauser/Barnett)
- A Christmas Carol: The Traditional Story With Modern Music
- A Christmas Carol (Radio Manuscript, Grecian)
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code H19000
- Cast Size 7
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871293183
- "We enjoyed working on this script. The characters were fun. Set, props, and costumes were simple to pull together. The only drawback was that it was SO short we had to marry it to another performance piece to make it worth it for our audiences to attend."
- Review by Sarah Barthel, Lompoc High School, Lompoc, Calif.
- "This title worked very well with our Middle and High School students many of whom were first time actors. Due to the set being minimal it worked well with our performance space which is also shared with a church. "
- Review by Lacey Hoogland, Black Hills Lutheran School, Rapid City, S.D.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "The dialect written in makes the script tricky for cold reads at auditions. Consider writing parallel lines for actors who are struggling with reading the dialect cold."
- Tip by Sarah Barthel, Lompoc High School, Lompoc, Calif.
|Claiborne County High School||New Tazewell||Tennessee||3/27/2021||3/27/2021|