How can you march to the beat of your own drummer when you're still writing the song? Everyone's search for one's authentic self is at the heart of Wonderland: Alice's Rock & Roll Adventure. Carroll's beloved, poetic tale of self-actualization is brought to life by a cast of actors/musicians who create an eclectic, live rock soundtrack as 7-1/2-year-old Alice searches for her own inner musical voice. Along the way, Alice faces challenges and fears, but she meets the ultimate test in the form of the Jabberwocky, an insidious monster made up of the dark thoughts and self-doubt that lurks inside us all. In learning to believe in the impossible, Alice learns to believe in herself. Throughout her journey, the actors surround Alice in a live musical tapestry ranging from classic rock to punk to ska and even a little bit of Bollywood. Rock concert meets live theatre as Alice reflects the vulnerabilities of all kids and then confidently finds her own inner voice.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code WH8000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619590656
Media Reviews"A refreshing, rockin' take on the adventures of Ms. Alice, here rendered not as a dainty lady, but as an indie-like musician, as cool as the Cheshire Cat." -Chris Jones, Chicago Tribune
"A rock 'n' roll musical full of tunes that soar." -Chicago Reader
"A zany, hip, fully 'rockin' 80-minute odyssey." -Hedy Weiss, Chicago Sun-Times
"Alice's trippy adventures [are] as appealing to children as they are to parents." -Chicago Reader
"An ideal mix of wit and heart that should have appeal for audiences of all ages." -Hedy Weiss, Chicago Sun-Times
"Rare is the staging of an 'Alice' that so well links the heroine of the story with all her potential peers in the audience." -Chris Jones, Chicago Tribune
"Sticky, melodic, smart songs, and the opening number … is a smash." -Chris Jones, Chicago Tribune
"There simply isn't a dull moment from start to finish." -Chicago Parent
"This 'Wonderland' rocksclassic rock, a bit of metal, a bit of punk, even a ballad or two, all with clever, up-to-date lyrics." -Around The Town Chicago
"Vibrant … fresh … different." -Chicago Parent
|Atlantic for Kids||New York||New York||3/4/2017||3/26/2017|
|Omaha Theater Company||Omaha||Nebraska||3/23/2018||4/8/2018|
|Benilde-St. Margaret's School||St. Louis Park||Minnesota||5/4/2017||5/7/2017|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).